Friday, September 21, 2012

No Lovebirds: Reinventing the Lovebird gown

 My friend seamstress and I collaborated in making this gown. A multi-layered tulle gown with a satin base and embellished with beautiful flat swarovski crystals.  We decided to take away the doves  because I felt it was somehow strange to be wearing a gown with stuffed animals.  Feathers probably but not doves.  The sleeves are called "gauntlets" thanks to the seasoned knowledge of my seamstress friend. They are not attached to the main gown and each one just goes into the arms of the doll. Earrings are from Tonner's Heartbroken doll. This doll is very special to me because it was the first Tonner Scarlett I ever had. It suffers a little green spot on its cheek and still I feel this hasn't at all kept it from being special to me.
The hair has been styled short and re-tied at the back to give it the Scarlett lift on both sides of the head. You know what's missing? Nice blue jewelry.  But Scarlett seems to be enjoying the dress well.




11 comments:

  1. Oooh, Raphael! I just don't know what to say, but sooo pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you AuntLou for never failing to pass by and keep my blog company. Scarlett thinks this dress is pretty too. = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful dress! And such lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you TM. She does look good in it. It's done with 2 layers of tulle: dark blue over light blue over satin base. Those are flat swarovski crystals too. Thank you for passing by and placing a comment. = )

      Delete
  4. Hello from Spain: I really like your first Tonner Scarlett. The tulle dress is gorgeous. Her earrings are awesome. She seems the real actress. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marta, Thank you so much. The earrings are from the Heartbroken Scarlett. The dress will undergo some changes. I think I would like to add more rhinestones and add some dark tulle it to have a little more contrast in the photos. Thank you too for the compliment on the repaint. I like the look of this Scarlett too even if she was just an old practice doll = )

      Delete
  5. She looks splendid! W-O-W! A feast for the eyes, heart and soul! I hope you and your friend collaborate many more times! The most talented Dream team! Bravo!

    xeladc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you xeladc. I'm afraid the collaboration is only limited to an exchange of repaint for dolls. Wow and thank you for "the most talented dream team". Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful!

    Who is dressmaker?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,

    Well, I am sorry I cannot say. I promised to keep the identity of the dressmaker anonymous as requested, and as I promised. The dressmaker made this request so I have to honor it very well. Believe you me, I am as eager to give a name but have to honor a promise.

    Thank you for your comment here. = )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry, after reading this, it didn't sound very kind. Sorry about the tone. I must have been feeling so sleepy after a night of overtime when I wrote this. My sincerest apologies.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.