Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wig Stories


Here is my Carol Barrie repainted doll wearing a new wig. Surprised that I would also like this wig which is actually from the Tonner Ana Karenina outfit. Yes, the wig comes with the dress (the dress the doll is wearing here is from Tonner Mrs. Charles Hamilton -- let me get to that later).  The Ana Karenina wig has flowers sewn in it and portions of the hair in an updo. The downside about a "pulled back" wig is it exposes too much temples on the face of the doll. Thus, the wig becomes apparent when it shouldn't. The best wigs are those which I believe frame the face and make it appear that the doll isn't wearing one -- same principle applies. If a wig draws attention to itself, why wear it?
I undid the Tonner wig. Washed it. Brushed carefully (it still is a wig). Set it on this doll. And voila, a new look for this Carol Barrie doll -- with a disheveled wildness about it.


Now, let's go for the Charles Hamilton dress. As a collector I like the multiplicity an outfit offers. The black Victorian mourning gown is something that offers different stories, portraits. I like costuming. Oh, if only Scarlett wore a nice bustle dress!  Okay, here are the portraits. Hope you like them. I'll be back for Valentine's for my star-crossed lovers.

2 comments:

  1. I love this looks. Do you do commission work? If you do, please let me know your fee and postage cost to Newington NSW 2127, Australia. If I could afford it, I am going to send my doll head only to save me on postage cost. My email is muljonomariags@gmail.com. I will be sending payment using PayPal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where was I, out to lunch?? I didn't tell you how great this lady is. So, now you know. I think she's gorgeous - and I'm not at all sorprised. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.