Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Scarlett Tolstoy: Ana Karenina by Tonner



When Tonner released their 22" version of Ana Karenina, I strongly hoped that they would do it for a 16" doll. Hope gets answered. Finally, I could dress up my Scarlett dolls in the costume!  The dress is a mix of three types of material: velvet (or a velvet-like cloth, the weight of which is similar to Tonner's Blue Portrait), satin (very light kind) and black tulle.  The front bodice has tulle designed like they're crossing each other. The tulle goes down the front of the skirt in an "A" shaped fashion accented by pleats at the bottom of the skirt. Behind that skirt is a large bow of satin sewn over a large poufy bustle made of velvet. The flowers cross the shoulder and move down front of the skirt. You will like the necklace and the earrings -- They glisten well. I also like the shoes -- pointed toe pumps.  The outfit comes with a wig which I will arrange first on a Carol Barrie to see if how well the dress looks on that doll. Here are two portraits of Scarlett wearing the outfit. And if you've seen Vivien Leigh's Ana Karenina, you will see a dress which resembles the Tonner's version (or is it Tonner's adaptation of the Vivien Leigh Ana K. movie?)

The gown worn by Vivien Leigh in her take of Ana Karenina




I originally wrote "Ana" instead of "Anna". It is now corrected. Notice the rose image which I watermarked.
A symbol of the tragic ending of Anna Karenina.

4 comments:

  1. This is so awesome!! Have you seen the Madame Bovary 22" tonner doll? I was so dismayed that it was a 22" and not a 16" bc the ensemble was quite nice and I wanted to dress my Scarlett in it so hopefully tonner will do the same as they did with this doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Alex! I hope they do the Madame Bovary too on a 16" The costumes for the Carol Barrie doll have been of different periods: Regency (A Sensible Notion), The early Renaissance {if I'm right} with the "Rose of Versailles" which immediately sold out upon its introduction, now this which I think is of the Victorian Era. They could move the Bovary costume to the 16' doll too. Like you I am crossing my fingers! = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas AuntLou, I'm at it again. = )

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.