Monday, September 26, 2011

Tonner Melanie Wilkes -- retouched

Just a photo of the first Melanie Wilkes -- which has been retouched. She has dark hair which has been stuffed at the sides. Luckily this one had a low bun -- lowered with some help of pushing while wet. I repainted her seeing the little things that need to be fixed. You sometimes realize that along the way: "oops, the lips are too thin, no wonder old photos make her look really drabby", "those eyes need to be darkened to give them more life", "cheeks need more blush", etc. etc.  I sometimes wonder if people find all this hilarious. I also read that I shouldn't really care what others think -- otherwise be owned by them. It often happens though, especially when I post photos in a world dominated by high fashion model dolls. And mind you they are all beautiful -- Vogue material indeed (Vogue Italia even). There is the impression that people say:"Oh there he goes again with his GWTW dolls". I even read one post that said, "I actually don't care to have any Scarlett 'O Hara dolls. But somehow I've learned to move on. One comment made sense: "we are here to share what we like, and it is interesting to see the differences and preferences -- that is what makes this doll world colorful. So go ahead with your dolls.".  That was a reality check for me too and one that set me free about putting too much weight into impressions.

At any rate, here's Melanie -- re-touched. The first photo is an "as is", while the second one has the backdrop photoshopped. Different angles though.



1 comment:

  1. Beee you tea full!, Raphael! :)

    Didn't I read somewhere that someone worked quite hard to get "Melanie" to look drab? Maybe that was another movie Miss DeHaviland did.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.