Monday, September 26, 2011

Sisters--in-law: Commissioned Repaints for September

These two are off to their owner. Scarlett and Melanie back to back. No photoshop here. They are as you see them. It took almost a month to finish these two. I had to do them in between workdays (at night), listening to Bach (haha). Nothing relaxes you more than Bach I would say. Goodbye to these two. Sometimes when I repaint things commissioned I have that feeling of wishing they were mine instead. Gluttony I know. Like one friend said, yes, it feels like you're saying goodbye to something dear to you. I don't know why its that. All I know now is that they're going to a place where they be well cared for. Call me weird. I am. Now off to fix some old repaints specifically an old repaint of  Vivien Leigh and also decide which to send for a hair change.  The week has just begun and I am thinking of nothing but work, work, work. However, there is always something to look forward at the end of the day: coffee with a friend, repainting, planning a new repaint, reading a book. I have lots by my bedside. Planning to read as much of the good ones before age sets in. I remember my grandfather reading and re-reading and re-reading old cowboy books. I must have gotten it from him.  I digressed, sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Zane Gray? I have known so many who were avid readers of his. Digression is good, sometimes. I'm still in awe of your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Aunt Lou! Wow! This is the first time I've heard of someone familiar with the Zane Gray books. The books still remain in my grandfather's home.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.